Mediating Personal Injury Cases with MWI
Case Manager: Josh Hoch – 617-895-4028 | email@example.com
Click here for availability, rates, and more information | Print, PDF and email this bio
Dispute Resolution Experience
Jim Grumbach is personal injury mediator with MWI. Jim has extensive experience serving as a mediator, arbitrator, case evaluator, hearing officer, and discovery master, with various court-annexed and private panels and on a private basis.
- Personal injury claims
- Medical and other professional malpractice
- Discrimination claims
- Insurance disputes
- Construction claims
- Internal corporate/partnership disputes
- Loan workouts
- Product liability
- Lead paint
- Mass torts
- Professional liability
Honors, Memberships, and Professional Activities
- Jim has served as Executive Director of the Massachusetts Association of Public Insurance Adjusters and a member (and current chairman) of the Town of Wayland Zoning Board of Appeals and Economic Development Committee.
- Chaired or presented at numerous seminars, and participated in trainings, sponsored by Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education (MCLE), the Massachusetts Bar Association (MBA), and the Massachusetts Academy of Trial Attorneys (MATA)
- Jim has been a member of various professional organizations, including the MBA, American Association for Justice, MATA, Association for Conflict Resolution, American Board of Trial Advocates (Massachusetts chapter) and Frank Murray Inn of Courts.
- Him has written articles and authored portions of books and chapters on legal and ADR matters.
Lectures and ADR Trainings Conducted
- Frequent panelist and lecturer on topics involving mediation theory and effective practice.
- Presenter on MCLE’s “60 Minute Lawyer” cassette series – 1994.
- Presenter: MCLE “Personal Injury Basics”.
- Served as Chair of the ADR Committee of the Labor and Employment Section of the Boston Bar Association.
- Serves on the Steering Committee of the Labor and Employment Law Section and as co-chair of the ADR Committee of the Litigation Section of the Boston Bar Association.
- Past co-chair of BBA seminar “Gender Issues in ADR and Trial.
- Past Chair of Boston Bar Association seminar “Maximizing Your Effectiveness In Mediation” and participant in BBA seminar on corporate compliance and resolving disability claims.
Background and Education
- B.A.in Art History from Yale
- J.D. from Boston University School of Law
Click here for availability, rates, and more information