Ombuds Public Service Initiatives
As part of MWI’s public service initiatives, MWI offers free and discounted conference and organizational ombuds services to non-profit organizations. When an employee or conference attendee needs to speak with an impartial, independent, informal, and confidential resource about a concern, MWI is committed to making sure that people have access to an ombuds, regardless of the ability of the organization to pay for the service. As such, MWI is proud to offer the public services listed below.
1. Conference Ombuds
Non-profit organizations can benefit from MWI’s outsourced conference ombuds service for their conference(s). MWI provides free or discounted conference ombuds services to organizations that meet the following criteria:
- Must be a non-profit organization (501(c)3)
- The conference must take place in person
- The conference must provide discounted rates or scholarships for attendees and/or students
- Expected attendance should be less than 250 attendees
- Agree to market the role of the conference ombuds to attendees, with guidance from MWI
If your organization meets the criteria list above, we invite you to inquire about free or discounted conference ombuds services for your non-profit by emailing a letter of interest to MWI’s Director of Ombuds Services, Josh Hoch at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about the role of a conference ombuds, click here.
2. Organizational Ombuds Service
The requirements to be considered for free or discounted organizational ombuds services include:
- Must be a non-profit organization – 501(c)3
- Must have less than 200 employees
- Must agree to support and market the service to all employees
- Executive Director and/or Board President must sign the Ombuds Charter
Non-profit organizations interested in free or discounted outsourced ombuds services can inquire by emailing a letter of interest to MWI’s Executive Director & Ombuds, Chuck Doran at email@example.com.
To learn more about the role of an organizational ombuds, click here.
For More Information
For more information about MWI’s public services initiatives, please contact MWI’s Executive Director and Ombuds, Chuck Doran at firstname.lastname@example.org.